There are quite few differences when you compare playing pokies online to playing at your local pub, club or casino. As with everything there are positives and negatives and this is true for playing online. In this guide we take a look at the pros and cons of online gambling.
Pros for Online Gambling
Some of the biggest advantages of playing pokies online are;
- Online games typically have higher payout percentages.
- Online casinos offer a huge range of pokie games.
- The jackpots online are much bigger than your local venue.
- You can play at any time and anywhere.
- Your favourite machine will always be available.
- You won't have any problems with weirdos lurking around.
- It's easy to set limits on how much you are willing to spend.
- Online pokies have much wider betting limits.
- VIP Clubs can give you extra cash or gifts
The minumum RTP for games in Australia is 87% with the average being around 90%. Online the RTP's are higher with the average being around 94% which in the very long terms means more action for your money.
If you're a player who plays at a pub or a club the most you can win is $10,000 per spin. Online the jackpots don't have these limits and can go into the millions especially on the Progressive Jackpot games.
Online casinos ahve a far bigger selection of games compared to traditional gaming venues. You will also never have a situation where you can't play your favourite game because someone else it playing it.
By playing online you avoid the weidos that sometimes hang around pokie venues and you don't have to worry about being followed out by someone who wants to take your winnings.
Cons for Online Gambling
Some of the biggest disadvantages of playing pokies online are;
- There is no social aspect as you play from home
- Withdrawals will take longer than collecting in cash
- Using credit cards means you have to be careful not to get into debt.
- No free soft drinks or snacks
- Lacks the atmosphere of being in a casino.
Playing at home means you don't have the social aspect that you have at pubs, clubs or casinos. This can of course be overcome if you play with friends while you're at home.
Online casinos cannot compete in terms of cash out speed. While you can walk out of a gaming venue with casino you might have to wait up to a week to get your online winnings.
Playing with Credit
If you use a credit card to fund your online gaming account you have to take extra care to make sure you don't get in over your head. We recommend setting deposit limits before you start playing.
No Casino Atmosphere
Playing online does not offer the same atmosphere of being in a real casino where the sights and sounds really add to the whole experience.